Title I Program Overview

    For a paper copy or for assistance, please contact your child’s school office.

    Para solicitar una copia en papel o asistencia, póngase en contacto con la oficina de la escuela de su hijo.

    How do schools receive Title I, Part A funds?

    First, the federal government provides funding to each state based on census data.

    Then, each State Educational Agency (SEA) awards money to its school districts. Districts determine schools eligible for Title I, Part A funding by following ESEA Title I Part A rules.

    Finally, each district determines which of their schools will receive Title I, Part A program services based on the school’s poverty rate and student

    The school will:

    1.     Identify the students who need the additional educational assistance based upon the required criteria. Students do NOT have to be from low-income families to receive Title I, Part A services.

    2.     Set goals for improving the skills of educationally disadvantaged students at their school.

    3.     Develop school-wide programs with individual student in mind, to support/supplement regular classroom instruction.

    4.     Measure student progress to determine the success of the Title I, Part A program for each student.

    How can parents help?

    ü  Communicate: Staying informed and responding promptly to all communications from the school or the school district.

    ü  Be an example: Showing your child that education is important by reading, attending parent/teacher conferences and attending open houses.

    ü  Volunteer: Volunteering at your child’s school and helping with extra-curricular activities.

    ü  Learn: Finding out how to help your child with classwork, homework and future education plans.

    ü  Get involved: Joining school/parent organizations, school improvement teams, advisory councils and other parent committees.

    For more information, please contact Judi Jensen, Title I Coordinator at 509.665-2647 ojudij@ncesd.org

     2018-19 BSD Parent Involvement Plan  in Spanish and English


    How to Access District and School Performance Information

    Cómo acceder a los datos de las calificaciones del informe estatal, del distrito y escolar

    For a paper copy or for assistance, please contact your child’s school office.

    Para solicitar una copia en papel o asistencia, póngase en contacto con la oficina de la escuela de su hijo. 

    NAEP (National Assessment of Educational Progress) DATA: Each year, the Office of the Superintendent of Public Instruction in the state releases the school report card. Only state and national data is reported annually and the NAEP assessment is only administered to a sample of 4th and 8th graders across the nation.  National Assessment of Educational Progress data for WA State: http://www.k12.wa.us/assessment/NAEP/reports.aspx 

    For online viewing: Click Here for the Annual State Report Card – Brewster School District

    The state report card website has been updated and shows statewide report card data­­. There are also links that allow you to select the school year, school, district, etc. that you want to view and other information. It is possible to select the language you prefer to view the information in as well.

     Report Card


    Title I Citizen Complaint Process
     Parents Right to be Informed:

    1. Parents have the right to request information regarding the professional qualifications of each student’s classroom teachers or paraeducators. They may contact the building principal for this information. If you request this information the district will provide the following:

       • Has met state qualification and licensing criteria for the grade levels and subject areas in which
          the teacher provides instruction.
       • Is teaching under emergency or other provisional status through which state qualification or
          licensing criteria have been waived.
       • Is teaching in the field of discipline of the certification of the teacher.
    2. Parents will be provided information on the level of achievement of their child on each of the state academic achievement    assessments.

    Información de Título I Los Padres Derecho a ser Informado:

    1. Los padres tienen el derecho de solicitar información con respecto a las calificaciones profesionales de los maestros o paraeducadores de cada estudiante. Pueden ponerse en contacto con el director del edificio para obtener esta información. Si solicita esta información, el distrito proporcionará lo siguiente:
    • Ha cumplido con los criterios de calificación y licencia del estado para los niveles de grado y áreas temáticas en las que el maestro proporciona instrucción.
    • ¿Está la enseñanza en situación de emergencia u otro estado provisional a través del cual se han renunciado a los criterios de calificación o de licencia del estado?
    • ¿Está la enseñanza en el campo de la disciplina de la certificación del profesor?
    1. Los padres recibirán información sobre el nivel de logro de su hijo en cada una de las evaluaciones académicas del estado.
    Para solicitor una copia en papel o asistencia, pongase en contacto con la oficina de la escuela de su hijo.
    District Policy 4130 Parent Involvement